Friday, January 7, 2011

Rome

Today is Day 3 of our trip. We just left Rome and arrived in Florence. I haven't been able to update because we had very limited wifi.

Rome was amazing! On the first evening, we took a tour bus around the city and saw many of the sites from the bus. That night a big group of us went to a restaurant  called Da Tony's and it was delicious. They were so nice and welcoming and gave us tons of free food, wine, and desserts. Later we went to a night club and that was really fun too.

Yesterday we went back to the sites we saw from the bus. My group took a tour of the Colosseum and the Forum. I was really impressed, and we had great views. We then walked to the Trevi Fountain, where if you throw a coin over your shoulder, it means you will be back to Rome. After that we went to Piaza Navano and the Pantheon, both of which were very crowded but nice to see. We had dinner next door to our hotel and the food was great.

Today got up to to get to the Vatican by 7am. We saw the Sistene Chapel, which was very impressive. It was really beautiful. Somehow we wandered from the Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica, and avoided a huge line. That too was really impressive. I couldn't believe how intricate the artwork was. After that we walked around some markets and ended up at the Castle St. Angelo, which had a nice view of the water and old bridges. From there we went back to Piaza Navano for lunch and gelato.

We left Rome a few hours ago and just got to Florence. I added a couple pictures and I'll update again when I can!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren
    I've enjoyed reading your blog. Your trip sounds amasing. It is bringing back fond memories of my trip to Rome. Looking at your pictures, I know exactly where you are. I hope you can continue to update. I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of Florence.

    ReplyDelete